10/10/13

Many thanks to my friend Ann-Marie, who stuck with me all day and took this lovely picture of my table!

Last weekend was the Locust Moon Comics Festival, held in Philadelphia, PA (or as the highway signs like to say, Phila). It was held at the Rotunda, an old church in the University City part of town. It was an unseasonably warm day, which got warmer as the place started filling up. Luckily, the Locust Moon staff handed out water bottles throughout the day. I must have drank my body weight in water!

Aside from the constant sweating, I had a really good time. I was glad to see some familiar faces in attendance and make some new friends in the process, including Andrea Tsurumi, Pat Dorian, Dean Haspiel, Gregory Benton, Mike King, Boyoun Kim, Sue Jean Ko, Frank Reynoso and Alex Eckman-Lawn. I only regret not being able to walk around at a leisurely pace to see everyone's work! The Locust Moon crew did a really job putting the festival together. Hopefully I will return next year with some comic debuts (and a portable fan, just in case)!

I'm also working on a new Alien Raver in Wonderland mini-book. This one has Alien Raver attending the Mad Tea Party with his "friends" standing in for the Hatter, March Hare and Dormouse. You can follow my silkscreen progress on Instagram or Twitter!