5/16/14

TCAF RECAP! It was my very first time at the Toronto Comic Arts Festival (and Toronto/Canada). It was held at the magnificent Toronto Reference Library (5 floors of books!) during a gloriously sunny weekend. The festival ran smoothly, thanks to The Beguiling and the TCAF volunteers. Saturday was especially packed, with the diverse crowd oozing excitement and eager to engage. By Sunday, several highly sought after books were sold out (like Jillian and Mariko Tamaki's This One Summer). Some exhibitors were so popular as to be extremely difficult to approach; it took me 15 minutes to get close enough to Peow! Studios' table to just glance at their gorgeous risograph books. There were familiar faces in the vast sea of exhibitors: Andrea Tsurumi, Keren Katz, Molly Brooks, Nick Bertozzi, Pat Dorian, Josh O'Neill and Andrew Carl of Locust Moon Comics and of course my table mate Estrella Vega.

Now calls for lots of reading (sadly I have not yet taken a picture of my TCAf haul but I promise you there is one) and working on some upcoming group shows (more on that soon!). And of course, Grand Comics Festival, which will be held on June 7th at Bird River Studios in Williamsburg. Thank you TCAF, The Beguiling and Canada for making my trip a memorable one! Hopefully I'll be back soon!