4/2/09

I was able to attend another life drawing session on Tuesday night (to my delight), so here are the results. I put down my moleskine for a bit and tried messing around with ink wash (my inking for comics teacher would be proud). My first attempt I wasn't too crazy about, so for the second I decided to pencil lightly as a guide to much better results. However I still need to work on getting faster so I can get as much detail as possible. By the end of the class I felt very inspired about an illustration project I hope to start working on in April (among a zillion other things).

There is so much to do this spring/summer/fall before applying to grad school that it boggles my mind. I plan on applying to the School of Visual Arts MFA Illustration program for Fall 2010. I originally wanted to major in illustration for my BFA but I ended up in Computer Arts land. Although I am pretty confident that I will get into the program, a part of me fears that I have no potential as an illustrator and SVA will see that and reject me. But I think I'll feel better once I start accumulating good pieces in my portfolio. And there is always Alien Raver to keep my hopes up!