6/2/14

So much going on this week!

Today marks my very first day as Class of 2016 in the MFA Visual Narrative program at SVA. Super excited and nervous and eager to see how my working method and storytelling evolves over the next two years. Also looking forward to meeting new folks with different approaches to telling and presenting stories. My first (most likely intense) week back in school will be followed by two events this weekend…

You'll find me and the rest of the Three Armed Squid gang selling silkscreen goods and comics at the Grand Comics Festival this Saturday from 11am-7pm. I'll be debuting my Uncanny Alien Raver postcard set, featuring 7 delectable mutants heroes and villains.

Right after GCF I'll be high-tailing it to Grumpy Bert's for the opening reception of Life on Mars, featuring work from Apak, Monica Ramos, Scott Albrecht, Brendan Monroe, Evah Fan, Andrew Bell, Ramiro Davaro-Comos, Theo Ellsworth, Michael Hsiung and myself! I'll have two pieces appearing in the show, one of which I've posted for your viewing pleasure above. Prior to the reception, special guests will speak about the current happenings on the planet Mars. Seating is limited, so shoot an email to bert (at) grumpybert.com to secure your spot! Special guests include Miriam Kramer (Staff writer, Space.com), Caleb Scharf (Director of Astrobiology, Columbia University) and Chris Patil (Mars One Project candidate). I'm sad to miss this discussion but hopefully I'll be able to get the cliff notes version when I arrive. Don't fret if you can't make it; the show will be up through July 13th.