8/14/14

I've been meaning to write a long, detailed post about my MFAVN summer semester experience, but I haven't had a chance to sit down and actually do it (which I eventually will).

Most of the work produced during my eight weeks were more experimental exercises than polished pieces, but I was happy with how some projects turned out, including these two silly animations. One features Tate the Tater, a character I developed in my Black, White and One Color class with Nathan Fox. The other is loosely based on a Missed Connection ad found perusing Craigslist (which I didn't know was a thing until recently).

Aside from catching up on sleep, I've slowly begun working on silkscreen projects left on the back-burner, like the follow-ups to the mini-silkscreen zine, Best in Show, tentatively titled Agility Trials (which will feature hurdle-jumping cassowaries) and Dressage (featuring emus). I'm also super excited to be part of the One-Shot Gallery Daughters of The Atom group show in September (a work-in-progress shot below).